Sturt Winter School 2022
Monday 4 - Friday 8 July
Rug up for a creative week of inspiration and enjoyment. There are 16 Adult Courses to choose from – see details of each course and tutor below (click to expand) and follow the 'BOOK HERE' button to enrol. Full information including what to bring is available to view or download (PDF) as a fact sheet for each course.
Courses run Monday to Friday, 9am to 4.30pm with lunch break and illustrated talks by tutors. Classes finish on Friday 8 July at 2pm, followed by walk around exhibition from 2pm to 4pm.
Accommodation and meal packages available.
Pictured: 'Beauty and Terror' by Shannon Garson
- 01 Painting: Portraits in oils with James King **FULL**
- 02 Watercolour: Landscape - breaking down to build with Phillip Edwards
- 03 Painting: Still life in acrylic with Charlotte Thodey
- 04 Printmaking: Exploring woodcuts with Michael Schlitz
- 05 Drawing & mixed media: A creative approach to still life with Joanna Gambotto
- 06 Pastels: Composition confidence with Tricia Taylor
- 07 Chinese ink & paper cutting: Contemporary approaches with Dr Tianli Zu
- 08 Ceramics: Seductive surfaces with Shannon Garson – ALMOST FULL
- 09 Ceramics: Thrown and altered with Kazuya Ishida **FULL**
- 10 Felt making: Surface and texture with Gill Brooks
- 11 Weaving: Braided rugs from recycled materials with Ilka White
- 12 Textiles: Hitomezashi - a stitch in time, the beginning of Sashiko with Mary Taguchi **FULL**
- 13 Basketry: Traditional and contemporary techniques with Lissa de Sailes **FULL**
- 14 Wood carving: The articulated winter whale with Hape Kiddle
- 15 Wood project: Woven stool with 3-way mitred joints with Steve Giannuzzi **FULL**
- 16 Jewellery: Beyond wax - alternative methods for design & construction with Nicola Bannerman