Sturt Summer School 2022
Wednesday 5th January to Sunday 9th January
We have 18 fabulous adult courses on offer this January. Click on the title to expand the details of each course and tutor and go to register to book the course of your choice.
This year’s Summer School will be a COVID safe event with all tutors and students required to be fully vaccinated and firm COVID- safe protocols in place. We are excited and optimistic about the year ahead and look forward to welcoming you to Sturt in 2022.
As time is drawing closer to the much anticipated Summer School, there are still few places available in a few of our courses (noted in the details) below. Please contact Sturt Shop on 02 4860 2083 to check availability and to enrol.
- 01 Colours in landscape with Juliet Holmes à Court **FULL**
- 02 Still life: Painting in acrylic with Charlotte Thodey - ALMOST FULL
- 03 Watercolour: Fresh directions in drawing & painting with Malcolm Carver **FULL**
- 04 Drawing: Figurative composition from imagination with Andrew Antoniou - ALMOST FULL
- 05 Pastel: KISS - keeping it so simple with Tricia Taylor **FULL**
- 06 Ceramics: Throwing porcelain - find your form - taller, wider, finer with Keiko Matsui **FULL**
- 07 Ceramics: Solid mass compression for relief surfaces with Steve Williams - ALMOST FULL
- 08 Printmaking: Colour etching with Basil Hall - ALMOST FULL
- 09 Mixed media & textiles: Developing a material language for stitched objects & wearables with Melinda Young - ALMOST FULL
- 10 Basketry: Sculptural forms with Catriona Pollard **FULL**
- 11 Weaving new stories with Liz Williamson - ALMOST FULL
- 12 Screen printing: Colour + Print with Julie Ryder **FULL**
- 13 Textiles: Exploring natural dyes – tweak & alter with Sylvia Riley **FULL**
- 14 Millinery: Introduction – free form felt moulding with Bronwyn Shook - CLOSED
- 15 Wood carving: Seed – an exploration of carved organic form with Hape Kiddle **FULL**
- 16 Wood project: Dai-uchi – Japanese plane making with Hiroshi Yamaguchi **FULL**
- 17 Wood: Create a sunburst table – exploring veneers with Peter Young **FULL**
- 18 Metal work: Etching & die forming with Barbara Ryman - ALMOST FULL